Our client, a Telecom company located in the Baabda area is recruiting a Switching & Transmission Engineer:
- Follow up technical issues with accounts
- Perform tasks on the existing platforms: soft switches including routing, troubleshooting, upgrades, Hardware installation, alarms, capacity, swapping cards
- Create new TDM/IP interconnections on the switch
- Carrier Definition and CDR mapping in Billing System
- On site switch installation
- 2nd Level troubleshooting by Analyzing protocol messages (SS7,ISDN,SIP,H323) and resolving problems
- Update informative documents
- Follow the procedures specified for the switching activities
- Follow up problems and RMAs, and resolve them.
- Provide level 2 support, solutions or workarounds to problems on transmission and network equipment
- Configure compression and multiplexing equipment
- Maintain all documentation, photos and diagrams related to sites up to date
- Perform any other task of the same nature that is required by the management
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer and Communications Engineering.
- Database basic knowledge
- Unix programming knowledge specifically shell scripting
- Ability to use Unix tools like awk, sed, grep etc.
- Some knowledge with scheduler like “crontab”
- 0-2 years of experience in the software industry
- Have excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proactive character
5 days a week, from 8AM till 5PM
USD 250 + LBP 1.225.000 + Transportation (LBP65.000/Day)