An International NGO with offices in Lebanon is recruiting a Program Manager – MEAL.
You will manage Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) in the Lebanon Country Program, designing and implementing project MEAL systems to advance work in serving the poor and vulnerable. Your MEAL-related management skills and knowledge will ensure delivery of high-quality programming and continuously working towards improving the impact of projects.
Roles and Key Responsibilities
- Manage and implement all MEAL activities throughout relevant project cycles.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise.
- Champion learning with project staff and partner teams. Analyze and evaluate project performance data following MEAL policy and industry good practices, including use of differential and inferential statistics (quantitative data), and content and trends analysis (qualitative data).
- Act as a key resource person for MEAL in project design and proposal development in respective programming area, gap-filling and taking on growth responsibilities, as needed.
- Lead the development and roll-out of project-level MEAL systems, including Performance Monitoring Plans or Performance Indicator Reference Sheets, Indicator Performance Tracking Tables, data collection instruments, Feedback and Response Mechanisms, and Detailed Implementation Plans which are appropriate to the scope and context of projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of monitoring and accountability activities and processes (including ICT4MEAL) according to the Detailed Implementation Plan and MEAL systems of each project.
- Contribute to evaluation events through the development of terms of reference that include a balance of qualitative and quantitative methods, and the necessary level of technical rigor.
- Coordinate the identification of MEAL-related staff capacity and technical assistance needs of partner organizations and capacity strengthening and required interventions to support quality project implementation.
- Coordinate and monitor financial and material resources relevant to project MEAL needs. Through planning and oversight ensure efficient use of project resources for MEAL.
- Master’s Degree in International Development, International Relations or in the field of MEAL
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant field-based experience in coordinating or managing light to moderately complex projects required, preferably with an international NGO.
- Additional experience may substitute for some education.
- Fluent written and spoken Arabic and English required
- Must be willing and able to travel approximately 35% of time
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented
- MEAL-related project management experience in the livelihoods, education and/or protection sectors is highly desirable.
- Experience engaging with partner organizations.
- Experience contributing to the development of technical proposals.
- MEAL skills and experience preferred.
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications, information management systems.