Our client, an International NGO located in Achrafieh is recruiting a Head of Operations:
- Contribute to the CP strategic planning and programming by providing input on needed investments in operations capacity – systems, processes and staffing – that meet and represent the NGO’ standards, donor requirements, and local regulations and support high-quality programming, as needed.
- Plan, integrate, coordinate, and monitor day-to-day operations to ensure all support services are delivered with high-quality in an efficient manner.
- Address issues where operations support needs to be adapted for complex programming.
- Oversee the piloting of new operations initiatives that require the setting of new standards and systems.
- Collaborate with programming leads to ensure appropriate project expenditures in line with financial plans and proper stewardship of material sources.
- Anticipate, identify and address challenges that affect the proper stewardship, risk, and optimal utilization of program assets and resources (financial, human, and material).
- Effectively manage talent and supervise.
- Manage team dynamics and staff well-being.
- Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
- Monitor and assess performance to ensure adequate capacity for successful support of high quality programming.
- Contribute to staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff.
- With the Country Representative oversee the preparation of annual budget plans and grant/project budgets to ensure they reflect maximum operational efficiency and budgetary compliance and mitigate risks.
- Set and provide technical oversight of internal processes for approving expenses, monitoring spending, and making budget adjustments in line with operational and programmatic needs and with donor requirements.
- Ensure the program is adequately staffed to meet CP needs and HR systems, policies and practices support a high-performance culture, staff development and retention.
- Assure quality personnel administration and a work environment that truly reflects the agency’s guiding principles.
- Oversee compliance with agency and donor requirements and local laws and regulations through periodic systems checks, review and assessment of CP’s operations policies and procedures.
- Act as lead contact and responder to issues that emerge from internal and external audits and provide recommendations and guidance to implement improvements.
- Create and maintain the proper conditions for learning.
- Establish a safe environment for the sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to small deficiencies.
- Provide capacity strengthening guidance for project teams and partners, which includes cross-departmental learning.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a management position with progressive responsibilities.
- Experience with an international NGO is a must
- Experience outside country of origin preferred.
- Master’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Finance, etc.
- Finance, HR, Administration, Procurement, Logistics, etc. knowledge is required.
- Ability to Travel Frequently (Syria, Amman, Cyprus).
- Fluency in English, Arabic & French is a must.
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to see the big picture.
- Ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Proficient in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications.
- Proficient Information and Budget Management Systems.
Monday till Friday,
9AM till 5PM
USD 5,057+ Fuel Allowances + Medical Insurance + NSSF + 24 Yearly Vacation days.