Our client an ISP company located in Kinshasa, DRC is looking for a Fiber Technician:
- Troubleshoot, repair and install fiber optic systems and ensure they are working correctly.
- Examine and replace faulty or old fiber optic cables and also organize scheduled maintenance routines, Take care of fiber splicing and remedy fiber optic problems,
- Develop sensor indicators and perform timely inspections to ensure that the faulty fiber optic system does not destabilize its performance,
- Execute premises cabling and support underground cabling needs.
- Keep track of the signal level of different devices to provide and maintain adequate performance.
- Formulate and maintain system records and system designs.
- Set up fiber optic telecommunications and data networks.
- Lay fiber optic cabling underground and under floors.
- Install fiber optic cables in conduit or overhead locations such as on telephone poles or between buildings.
- Install new infrastructure or upgrade existing infrastructure to adapt to technological advances in the fiber optic industry.
- Install network equipment using fiber optics such as Wide Area Networks (WANs), Local Area Networks (LANs), amplifiers, filters, splitters and converters.
- Use fiber optic equipment such as splicers, fiber optic test equipment and fiber optic cable termination devices.
- Determine the location of underground utilities such as water and electricity lines before starting construction work.
- Perform troubleshooting on fiber optic networks to identify problems and propose solutions.
- Ensure direct communication with customers.
- You must have completed post-secondary education in a relevant field, such as: Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer technology, Fiber optic communication.
- Having on-the-job training and industry certification is an added advantage (i.e., Certified Fiber Optics Technician (CFOT), Certified Premises Cabling Technician (CPCT), Certified Fiber Optics Specialist (CFOS), etc.).
- Minimum of 2 years of fiber optic splicing experience is required for this position (preference given to those with additional experience or FTTx project experience).
- Candidate should have experience using FO troubleshooting tools (i.e., Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR), Mass Fusion Splicing, etc.).
Monday to Saturday from 8AM to 5PM and on Saturdays from 8AM to 1PM
Negotiable + Local Medical Insurance + Round trip ticket + Housing + Car